- What is a major limitation of the ILS and what is the implemented solution?
- What is the purpose of the aircraft transponder?
- What is the major purpose of long-range navigation systems?
- What are the three paths that a radio wave may take when it leaves the transmitting antenna?
- What are the six basic components of a communication system?
- What is the difference between the detector and discriminator circuits in the receiver?
- What is the purpose of bonding radio equipment to the airframe?
- Explain the function of the automatic direction finder (ADF) system.
- What is the function of the DME system?
- How does the individual aircraft recognize its own DME signal when retransmitted by the ground station?
- Explain how marker beacons are used to assist the aircraft along the approach to the runway.
- When troubleshooting the VOR/ILS, what is a major problem that occurs in older aircraft?
- Explain the operational function of the RNAV system.
- What is the purpose of using master and slave stations in the LORAN system?
- How many stations are necessary to establish an exact location in the LORAN system and why?
Review - COMMS/NAV II
Because there are not school this week, here you have some new questions about Comms and navigation. Answer the following questions related to COMMS/NAV:
David López Vilela
David López Vilela Degree in Aerospace Engineering
The thin man who will never weaken. Read More
activity apuntes autopilot aviónica calificaciones CEFAAL comms descarga download EASA english examen extraescolares featured formación fórmula 1 foro fotos history horario marks module 13 módulo 13 módulo 8 navigation noticias novedades parte 1 parte 5 parte 6 parte 7 parte 9 podcast practical prácticas preguntaquincenal prueba teórica resources review schedule serie test theoretical theory of flight trabajo trivia trivial utilidades VOR welcome